Moving to Silverton
Silverton is a diverse community and a great place to live! Visit the community profile tab on the home page to view our most recent demographics. If you are new or are considering moving to Silverton here are some things you may want to know.
Cincinnati Water Works provides water service for the residents of Silverton. As a new resident, you will likely need to complete the Move In/Move Out form to have your water turned on and/or to ensure that you are properly billed. Please visit http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/water/ or call Cincinnati Water Works at 513.591.7700 for more information.
Silverton contracts with Rumpke Waste Service for trash collection. The fee for your municipal waste collection services is included on your quarterly Greater Cincinnati Water Works invoice. The fee is a pass through for the city, meaning it covers the cost of providing the service plus a 5% administration fee. Silverton waste collection fees are among the lowest in Hamilton County. Click here visit our FAQ section regarding trash collection.
The Village of Silverton has a local income tax on earned income. All Silverton residents who are 18 years or older and who have an earned income must file local income taxes. All new residents are required to submit a tax registration form, which can be found online at silvertonohio.us or picked up at the Municipal Building. We utilize the services of The Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) to collect, and enforce Silverton’s income tax laws. For more information on taxes, including how to file, please visit ritaohio.com or call the Silverton Finance & Tax Department at (513) 936-6244.
Registering to Vote
In order to vote in the state of Ohio, the following requirements must be met:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years old on or before Election Day
- Be an Ohio resident for at least 30 days
- NOT be imprisoned for a felony conviction
- NOT be declared incompetent to vote by a probate court
- NOT be permanently disqualified for violating an election law
There are two ways to register, in person or in mail. You’ll need to fill out a Voter Registration and Information Update Form and submit that to the County Board of Elections office. Silverton is located in Hamilton County.
For new Silverton residents, you may change the address on your voter information by mail or in person. You must update your Ohio voter registration at least 30 days before an election. Here’s what you will need to do:
- Complete the Ohio Voter Registration and Information Update Form
- Select either the “Updating my address” or “Updating my name” box on the form
- You must include either your driver’s license number, last 4 digits of your Social Security number OR a copy of your current ID card, utility bill or bank statement.
- Deliver or mail your form (and any other required documents) to your local county Board of Elections:
Board of Elections Hamilton County, Ohio
824 Broadway Cincinnati Ohio 45202-1345
8:00am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday
For more information, visit the Hamilton County, Ohio Board of Elections website.