Social Media Policy
This policy establishes guidelines for the establishment and use by the Village of Silverton of social media sites (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter) as a means of conveying Village of Silverton information to its residents, corporate citizens, guests and fans.
The intended purpose behind establishing Village of Silverton social media sites is to disseminate information about the Village’s events, news, information, etc.
The Village of Silverton has an overriding interest and expectation in deciding what is “spoken” on behalf of the Village on social media sites.
For purposes of this policy, “social media” is understood to be content created by individuals, using accessible, expandable, and upgradable publishing technologies, through and on the Internet. Examples of social media (including but not limited to) are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram. For purposes of this policy, “comments” include information, articles, pictures, videos or any other form of communicative content posted on a Village of Silverton social media site.
1. The establishment and use by the Village of social media sites are subject to approval by the Village Manager or his/her designees. All Village of Silverton social media sites shall be administered by Village of Silverton staff.
2. The social media sites maintained by the Village should make clear that they are maintained by the Village of Silverton and that they follow the Social Media Policy.
3. Wherever possible, social media sites should link back to the official Village of Silverton website for forms, documents, online services and other information necessary to conduct business with the Village of Silverton.
4. A staff representative from the Village will monitor content on the social media sites to ensure adherence to both the Social Media Policy and the interest and goals of the Village of Silverton.
5. The Village reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this Social Media Policy or any applicable law.
6. These guidelines must be displayed to users or made available by hyperlink.
7. The Village will approach the use of social media tools as consistently as possible, enterprise wide.
8. The Village of Silverton’s website found at http://silvertonohio.us will remain the Village’s primary and predominant internet presence for official information.
9. All social media sites maintained by the Village shall adhere to applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
10. The Village’s social media sites are subject to the Ohio Public Records Act. Any content maintained in a social media format that is related to Village business, including a list of subscribers, posted communication, and communication submitted for posting, may be a public record subject to public disclosure.
11. Comments on topics or issues not within the jurisdictional purview of the Village of Silverton may be removed.
12. Employees representing the Village through these social media sites must conduct themselves at all times as a representative of the Village and in accordance with all Village policies.
13. This Social Media Policy may be revised at any time.
1. As a public entity the Village of Silverton must abide by certain standards to serve all its constituents in a civil and unbiased manner.
2. The intended purpose behind establishing Village of Silverton social media sites is to disseminate information from the Village, about the Village, to its residents, corporate citizens, guests and fans.
3. Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted on Village of Silverton social media sites and are subject to removal and/or restriction:
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.
4. A comment posted by a member of the public on any Village of Silverton social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the Village of Silverton, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the Village of Silverton.
5. The Village of Silverton reserves the right to deny access to Village of Silverton social media sites for any individual, who violates the Village of Silverton’s Social Media Policy, at any time and without prior notice.
6. The Village shall monitor their social media sites for comments requesting responses and for comments in violation of this policy.
7. When a Village of Silverton employee responds to a comment, in his/her capacity as a Village of Silverton employee, the employee’s name and title should be made available, and the employee shall not share personal information about himself or herself, or other Village employees.
8. All comments posted to any Village of Silverton Facebook sites are bound by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, located at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php, and the Village of Silverton reserves the right to report any violation of Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities to Facebook with the intent of Facebook taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.